Thursday, September 1, 2016

DTM D132

Hi Guys,

Bruce and I have been tinkering with some of the available DTM cars. It seems they are fast and fun to drive. So far we have tested 3 of the BMW liveries and one Audi A5. They seem to run pretty even in terms of lap times - of course we all know, that there can be a big margin in motor performance, especially on the small motors. But so far no problem. 
At this point we are still experimenting with the choice of tires. We have tried Yellow Dogs so far, but thinking about using our own/same compound as for the 1/24's. We will see what work better.
Just thought I give you a heads up, in case you are ready to try something new. I don't think we will restrict it to only the new DTM cars, so any Carrera DTM that is either already digital or able to be upgraded will work.
As far as the tuning goes, we will keep it pretty much the same as for the 1/24's. Everything is stock, besides the rear tire. Front tires with super glue, magnets out, etc.. Since these cars have inline motor configuration, and I'm not a big fan of the motor shaft holding the axle in place, I will explain my personal preference to anybody that is interested. It doesn't cost any money, just some super glue and time - tire truer is needed though.

Will keep you up to date on the choice of tire compound and hope you start looking in the meantime which car you are going to get first! 

See you at the races!

Cheers!
Seb

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Always need a reason to buy another car. Always like the DTM's too. I have finally trued a couple of sets of tires for the existing series. Looking forward to trying them.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, will I still be able to use the Corvette C6R that I just purchased this week from Bruce to be a part of your series competively? I certainly hope so. Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin, one series has nothing to do with the other - you are fine with the car you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cars are tuned about the same as the others. Outside of tires, the tunes a virtually free. So far they've have been running nicely. As Seb said they all run very similar lap times. We are in the process of setting up a Mercedes so we can compare all 3. I'm sure the old DTM releases would run well but we have not tested any. I hope you all will enjoy them as much as we have during our initial testing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a list I found of Carrera DTM cars
    #20027473 – Analog – Audi A5 DTM “M. Rockenfeller, No.1”, 2014
    #20027476 – Analog – AMG Mercedes C-Coupe DTM “R. Wickens, No.10”, 2013
    #20027491 – Analog – AMG Mercedes C-Coupe DTM “G. Paffett, No.2”, 2013 (from 2015 set) #20027499 – Analog – BMW M4 DTM “M. Wittmann, No.23”, 2014
    #20027508 – Analog – BMW M4 DTM “T. Glock, No.16”, 2015
    #20027509 – Analog – Audi A5 DTM “M. Molina, No.17”,
    #20027510 – Analog – AMG Mercedes C-Coupe DTM “D. Juncadella, No.12”,
    #20030707 – Digital – Audi A5 DTM “M. Rockenfeller, No.1”, 2014
    #20030710 – Digital – AMG Mercedes C-Coupe DTM “R. Wickens, No.10”, 2013
    #20030738 – Digital – BMW M4 DTM “M. Wittmann, No.23”, 2014
    #20030739 – Digital – BMW M4 DTM “J. Hand, No.04”, 2014
    #20030740 – Digital – BMW M4 DTM “T. Glock, No.16”, 2015
    #20030741 – Digital – Audi A5 DTM “M. Molina, No.17”,
    #20030742 – Digital – AMG Mercedes C-Coupe DTM “D. Juncadella, No.12”,

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Mercury
    Looks really sharp. I think you have it in stock Bruce?
    #20030710 – Digital – AMG Mercedes C-Coupe DTM “R. Wickens, No.10”, 2013
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Pat, I just saw this. For some reason I'm not getting reply notifications. I have that car or I will by Monday. I ordered all available DTM cars. I have Super Tires and our own tires ready for these. We will be testing our tire against the ST tires next week most likely. I'm hoping a few more people will get on board with this so we can schedule a race. I've really enjoyed them so far.

    ReplyDelete